My grandpa cooks really nice beef tenderloin. Guests always beg him for his recipe. And he always refused to do so until recently. And he is kind enough to allow me to share it. I am very excited to share you my Grandpa’s secret beef tenderloin recipe..
Here is the ingredients you will need
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder with parsley
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1tbsp Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 tbsp Maggi seasoning
- 1 tbsp cherry wine or red wine
- 6 cloves of medium garlic cloves
- Butter sauce.
- 3-4 pound beef tenderloin
- Cut small holes on the surface of the beef tenderloin and insert one garlic clove in each hole.
- Mix ingredients #1-#6 and rub the mixture on the beef tenderloin.
- Put the beef in refrigerator over night.
- Take the meat out of refrigerator at least one hour before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 450 degree F. Once it is ready, put meat in and cook for half hour.
- Then reduce oven temperature to 350 degree F and cook for another two to two and half hour, depending on the weight of your meat. Baste the meat with butter sauce every half hour.
- If you are not sure about readiness of your beef, you can also check beef doneness using a thermometer. 150F in the center means medium rare. Read more here…