According to Relationship Psychologist Corrine Sweet, sleeping positions of a couple are a type of body language that says something about the couple. “During sleep, you cannot fake your body language.”
Sleeping time is when you are honest, vulnerable. So your sleeping position can reveal a lot about your relationship. Here are ten common couple sleeping positions and their indicated relationships. Check the photo and the explanations and find the meaning of the position you two practice in bed.
And here is statistics according to a survey conducted at the Edinburgh International Science Festival by Professor Richard Wiseman, a psychologist at the University of Hertfordshire.
- 42% of couples sleep back to back (most popular)
- 4% sleep facing each other
- 31% sleep facing the same direction
- 12% sleep less than an inch away
- 2% sleep more than 30 inches away
- 94% of couples who sleep touching each other said that they were happy
- 68% of couples who did not touch or spoon while sleeping said they are satisfied with their relationship.
Does it make sense to you? What is your most common sleeping position?
We got you covered if you are sleeping alone. Here is what your sleeping position say about you.