This pear in puff pastry is easy to make, good-looking, and delicious for snack time. It is a wonderful idea to serve dessert with fresh fruit baked with puff pastry. You can replace the pear with apple or your other favorite fruits that can be baked.
The whole process is simple. Here is how it goes
- cut a fresh sweet pear in half,
- remove the core,
- make even strip cuts on top,
- roll out the puff pastry lightly,
- put the pear on top and cut the excess, retreating half an inch from the edge of the pear,
- grease the dough with beaten egg with a pinch of sugar,
- sprinkle cane sugar over the whole the dough and pear (inside the cut)
- bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes until golden brown
- get it out, add caramel sauce over, and serve
Want to try more puff pastry ideas, watch the video for more.