Would you like to try a new recipe that looks awesome and tastes great? If yes, these rose bud bread rolls are a great choice. This recipe is simple, as it doesn’t differ a lot from the traditional bread recipe, but the look of the results resembles rose buds, so elegant and classy!
To make the rose bud bread, you need
- a recipe for bread dough,
- ricotta cheese,
- almonds and orange zest.
- Make the bread dough according to a recipe you already have and let it rise.
- Once it doubles its size, roll it and cut small sections as shown in the pictures.
- Make small balls out of each section and roll them flat.
- Create four cuts, but leave the center untouched.
- Fill the center with ricotta cheese, sugar, orange zest and almonds.
- Then cover the center with the dough to create the rose bud and put them in the oven.
- Bake until they become golden, take them out of the oven and add an extra touch of almonds or sugar.
Keep reading more detailed instructions from Arabeska here…
Aren’t they beautiful? Also watch the video tutorial for another way from May Lynn to create similar effect.