Get some goodie bags for those adorable princesses, superheroes, and goblins that come trick or treat during Halloween. This year I am thinking to fill a pumpkin with candies and thought this stripped pumpkin candy holder from Kim from Pop Cosmo is very cute. It is also quite easy to use a craft pumpkin for this project. What you will need
- a craft pumpkin
- a carving knife
- a paint brush
- gold paint
- Mod Podge
- gold glitter paper
- ribbon in a black and white pattern
Step by step instructions
1. Mark the area where you will carve the top of the pumpkin with a pencil, then use your craft knife to carve the top of the pumpkin.
2. Apply Mod Podge in a stripe down the length of the pumpkin where you will be placing your ribbon.
3. Press your ribbon against the Mod Podge and let sit a moment. Then apply Mod Podge on top of the ribbon (so your ribbon will be glued to the pumpkin from the top and bottom). Let the Mod Podge dry completely.
4. Paint the stem gold.
5. Trace a heart to the size and shape of your liking on the back of your glitter paper. Cut out the heart shape, apply Mod Podge to the back and glue it to the pumpkin.
6. Cover the hole inside with paper, place it on a plate, and fill it with candies.
7. Use it as a costume party centerpiece or use it to decorate your front porch or hall way.
Here is another way to make stripped pumpkins.